H O M E
APPLYING PAN CARD
HOMES FOR AGED
- Telephone service in Madurai was utilised by (late)Sri.Karumuthu Thiagarajar Chettiar, the founder of Thiagarajar College, and number provided to him was '1'
- Employment Office of Tamilnadu started at Madurai in 1946
- General Library of Tamilnadu started at Madurai
- Uzhavar Sandhai (Farmer's Direct Market) started in Madurai Anna Nagar in 1999
- Government (Chithirai) exhibition started at Madurai in 1949
- First Tamil Number Plate was issued, in Madurai, to Mr.Tamilkudimagan (late M.P.) in 1972 for his Royal Enfield Motorcycle. Number
- M.S.Ponnuthayi, the First Woman Artist to play Nadhaswaram was from Madurai. She has many titles to her credit, the first being ‘Naadha Gaana Arasi' awarded by the Madurai Tamil Sangam and the last being the Kalaimaamani. She has played in the presence of Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru and Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan.
|First Tamil Movie Trailer Show outside Chennai
A trailer of the movie BOYS, directed by Shankar, was shown at the Ambika Theatre Complex, Madurai, on 18th July, 2003., and it is first of its kind that a Tamil movie trailer being shown outside Chennai.
|First time in the Judicial History of Tamil Nadu : A witness examined by videoconferencing on 17thth July, 2003 in MADURAI
For the first time in the judicial history of Tamil Nadu, a witness was examined by means of video conferencing in connection with a CBI a case here today.
The special judge, K.Bhaskaran, chaired the 'online sitting', in which the Registrar-General of the Madras High Court, A.C.Arumugaperumal Adityan, was examined for 40 minutes in the Customs and Central Excise Department. (Mr.Adityan was XMetropolitan Magistrate in Chennai when he recorded the confession of an accused in 1989).
If you know something like these, specifically in Madurai, just fill up the below box